Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Urban Girl's Fly Guide to Surviving the Recession- Part I



Sorry, I have been neglecting my blog for the past couple weeks. The end of the years is always a difficult time for me because I spend it reflecting on the past 11 months and looking forward to the possibilities of the next year. And, if you had any idea how eventful my life always is, you would understand just how time consuming that can be!!!! LOL!!!!


What I will be doing from now until the end of the year is putting together "The Urban Girl's Fly Guide to Surviving the Recession". Right now, ladies, we have to be extremely cautious with our spending habits. Some of our luxuries have to be set aside because it's definitely NOT FLY to be cute and broke! So, what I will do is compile some inexpensive ways to stay fly and fabulous while not breaking the bank!!!!




First up- Helping your feet survive the recession!!!! Most grown women get pedicures throughout the entire year. During this recession, ladies may find it easier to skip the pedi during the cold winter months when our tootsies are usually covered up. What we CAN'T do is just let our feet go completely!!!!


My BFF texted me early last week and said "Girl you have to get the Ped Egg". Now, I have always seen this item on info-mercials and in the stores but I never thought it worked. BOY WAS I WRONG!!! Last night, I stopped in my local CVS and invested $10 into this Ped-Egg. Right now, I feel like I am walking on air!!! This is the best $10 I have spent in a loooonnnngggg time :-)




I also used the Oil of Olay Thermal Pedicure, which I purchased on clearance at K-Mart for $2.99 a month ago so my feet feel better than any pedicure I have ever paid for. The thermal Pedicure has little beads in it so, when you rub it on your feet under water, it heats up and feels amazing!!! My new nighttime ritual is use my ped-egg, soak my feet in warm water while scrubbing them gently with the Thermal Pedicure, rub them down with my Sesame Oil, and then put on my thick booties!!!


The best holiday gift ideas don't always have to cost alot of money. Not only will the Ped-Egg be a great investment for yourself, but also consider giving it as a gift to a friend or family member. Purchase an inexpensive basket from your local Jo-Ann Fabric''s or Michaels. Go to Target or Dollar Tree and buy some nail files, nail clippers, thick booties/socks, and french manicure colored nail polish (the E.L.F. manicure set shown above is $3.00 a Target). Also purchase a cute glass jar or bottle. Right now, the Kroger in my area has their Sesame After Shower Oil on sale for under $3.00. Purchase the oil and then transfer it into the bottle you purchased form Dollar Tree. In the basket include the Ped-Egg, the Oil of Olay Thermal Pedicure, the Sesame Oil Bottle, and the nail care items. Dollar Tree also has the plastic wrap so you can wrap your basket. Take a blow dryer and blow dry the plastic to give it the smooth, store brought look.




All together you may spend $25- which is about the same cost as a pedicure and these items will last alot longer!!!

2 Stylish Folk With Something To Say:

P_LOCA said...

does it really work for real? cauese I'm tired of going all the way to harlem to my special nail salon to get a mani and a pedi done (they're so good)..but I think i'll try the pedi egg..that's a good idea, not only I won't have to travel that far but won't have to pay $28 and no tip,,just do it on my own lol-thanks girl!!

Why You Gotta Be Anonymous said...

I saw you had a new post on Twitter and rushed over! I LOVE my ped egg. One of the greatest things ever. I'll have to try the Oil of Olay. Thanks for the tip.

 
template by suckmylolly.com