Monday, November 3, 2008

Senator Obama's Grandmother PAsses Away


Madelyn Dunham, Barack Obama's grandmother has passed away. Sen. Obama announced the news not too long ago at a campaign rally in North Carolina. I read the news on twitter and it saddened my heart.

The message I left on twitter said "His grandmother wanted to be with the angels that paved the way for her grandson's historic win". So many people have lost their lives so that we could even have the opportunity of this hostoric win. From women marching for the right to vote and now Sarah Palin possibly (i hope not) becoming vice president to millions of black and white people marching together in the 50's and 60's so that people of color could have the right to vote. Never in my life would I have thought that I could see the day that a black man could become president. More than his color, he is a man of greatness and I will be up at 5:30am tomorrow morning in line in Dekalb county to cast my vote!!!

0 Stylish Folk With Something To Say:

 
template by suckmylolly.com