Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Real Housewives of Atlanta- Most Controversial Show on TV, I Wonder Why?



Bravo Cancels Real Housewives V-103 Appearance


NeNe and Sheree Call in to the Frank and Wanda Morning Show


Sandra Rose had the above links posted on her site. I was in the car listening live and I am so happy Sandra was able to get the audio for the rest of the word to hear. I could only text so much to Twitter!!!! LOL!!!


Anyway, this was one of the best shows I have heard in a while on V-103. One reason may be because Frank Ski was pretty hush hush on the situation and pretty much let Nina Brown, Miss Sophia, and Ramona Debreaux handle things. Everyone had valid points. I fully agree with Ramona. I watched Real Housewives of Orange County and Real Housewives of NYC and neither show had even the ounce of controversy that Real Housewives of Atlanta has had just in the first 2 episodes of the show. Neither show had a majority cast of black women that were financially well off either so that explains alot.


Alot of the backlash from the show comes from right within the black community- black women specifically!!!!! Why am I not surprised? People always complain that black families aren't portrayed enough and that black love is nonexistent on tv.



Here we have a show with 3 black FAMILIES showing black wealth and black love and even showing black men being fathers and caregivers (did yall see Lisa's husband make her chicken noodle soup from scratch because she was sick!!!) and we are the first ones to be disgusted with the show's portrayl of us!!!! WTF?!?!?! Why are we not ever satisfied? For the first time in a long time, the one on the show that is portrayed as the true gold-digging single mother calling a man "Big Poppa" that isn't even shown on the show is a WHITE WOMAN!!!! The single black woman on the show, Sheree, isn't even dating. So we have 3 families, a single black mother that has chosen not to play the field after her divorce, and a white chick with 2 daughters that know their mom has a sugar-daddy and we are still complaining!!!!!!!! (and please don't get it twisted. Kim is my FAVE FAVE FAVE person on the show!!!!)


Why will we NEVER EVER progress as a people? Because we can't stand to see other black folks doing it!!!! It's that generational hatred of ourselves that will always keep us at a constant state of complacency- even if we do get a black president this year!

(and I guess I'm being semi-hypocritical because even I have said negative things about the show. But this morning, I had to check myself and realize that I was LOOKING for negative things to say and not focusing on the positive elements of the show)




and FYI: The birthday party that Kim had for her daughter last night cost a grand total of ......... $18,000!!!!!!!!


Also, make sure yall head over to Bravo's website and read the women's blogs!!! It looks like Sheree entered her extremely short blog this morning not too long after the Frank and Wanda Morning Show call-in. She's right, "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones". And women who don't really live "the life" shouldn't fake the funk!!!!.......NeNe, where is your blog at?

3 Stylish Folk With Something To Say:

Kisha said...

I love this show. Hands down!!! From the good and to the bad, I just love it. I didn't watch the other shows (NYC/ Orange), but the ATL wives are rocking. And I do have some negative things to say but over all the show is cool with me. I love Lisa and Kim, Kim seem so sweet and fun.

Celebhaterz.blogspot.com said...

Well I aint gone' check myself because someone in my circle of friends got the good gossip on that Sheree bitch and Im putting it up on my blog as soon as I get more details. Kudos to you for taking the high road but I choose to take the dirt road LOL

MsPuff said...

They are TAG's...Tacky And Ghetto!

 
template by suckmylolly.com