Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Do You Fit the "Attractive" Mold?



So I get this email in my inbox this morning from Manhattan Media. the email is regarding a club in NYC called Prime that is re-opening this Saturday. I decide not to just trash it (which is what I usually do to most press releases I receive about clubs outside of Atlanta) and I read the whole press release. (For those of you who are like me and get flooded with these daily, you know how hard it is to actually read through an entire press release, unless it's from Garner Circle PR or the folks at Peachtree TV/ TBS).



Anywhoo, have you ever stood in line at an NYC or LA nightclub? Especially those of you have have stood outside the door when there is absolutely no line and you are wondering why you didn't get in? I traveled to NYC a couple years ago and learned then that most attractive girls get in the club pretty easily. I was with the guy I was dating and his friend. His friend didn't really fit "the mold" so the guy I was dating told me to act like I was with his friend so I could get him in with me!!!! WTF? I wondered why he asked me to do this but now I completely understand.



In a city like Atlanta, money gets you in the door. You can be ugly as sin but, if you are willing to pay Alex Gidewon and AG Entertainment one month's rent to get in the VIP- you're in!!!!! Seriously. Here, if you wear a hat- you get charged. Sneakers when you are supposed to have on hard shoes- charged more. Plain Tee when it's not allowed during that night's dress code- charged even more. Money moves this city but, in place like LA and NYC- they don't care how rich you are- it's your beauty that gets you in!!!! Don't believe me? Here is an excerpt from the press release:


With the new Prime comes a new attitude and a new goal creating pleasure for the customer and making the party a fun party. Admission will no longer be driven by bottle sales. If someone looks good enough to get in and comes with the right attitude, they will get in without bottles. Likewise, if someone doesn't fit the mold they wont get in no matter how many bottles they offer to buy; the days of catering to the assh*** who is willing to buy 6 bottles at the expense of the nice guy who wants to pay cover is over. The hassle and "bottle" rat race at the door is now over. Bottle minimums will be replaced with "real estate minimums", where each table (piece of real estate) will be for sale for a certain amount of money; whether bottles of grey goose or bottles of water. Prospective customers will be allowed to combine larger groups of friends to purchase a comfortable section of real estate for their group.

7 Stylish Folk With Something To Say:

Kisha said...

WOW- interesting.....

virgovixxen said...

i believe--everything is so superficial now a days---'unattractive' folks cant even enjoy themselves--am I the only one who thinks this is TOO far

Kisha said...

Yes I agree Virgo Vixxen it's gone to far....I use to hate that club owners who show special attention to folks who buy tables and bottles and treat everybody else like they're nothing.
But now you can going get in "IF YOUR PRETTY" and I bet since this is happening in LA nad NYC...they looking for pretty "lightskinned" people. This is not right...not right at all!

HypnotiqEyez said...

I live in Georgia and I'm guilty of joking about how if we were back home in California most of the people wouldn't even get into the clubs out here.

Meli said...

Its so true especially here in Miami if you got the Latina look, short dress,& high heels you're in.

Razzi said...

lol @ hypnotiqeyez......... the clubs would be damn near EMPTY here if wehad that rule!!!! LMAO!!!

Ms.310 said...

I live in LA and this is very TRUE! I guess I'm so used to it that it no longer bothers me, you don't really have to be light skin, just cute and kinda slutty. A good weave helps the cause too. I'm a brown skin girl w/ natural hair (now) and I don't really bother with the club scene out here anymore. Back when I used to go all it took was a "more than a woman/ one in a million" weave and a cute fit to get in the door lol!

 
template by suckmylolly.com