Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ne-Yo Wins $700K For Being Dropped From R. Kelly Tour


From Access Atlanta: A Los Angeles Superior Court judge has ordered a concert promoter to pay R&B singer-songwriter Ne-Yo $700,000 stemming from a lawsuit filed earlier this year. Ne-Yo was dropped from R. Kelly's tour last year after two shows. He claimed he was dropped because he had upstaged Kelly, an allegation the singer vehemently denied. Kelly was not a party to the lawsuit.


Ne-Yo (real name: Shaffer Smith) instead sued the tour's promoter, Georgia-based Rowe Entertainment Inc. Rowe Entertainment never answered the lawsuit, and last week Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Malcolm Mackey ordered the company to pay Ne-Yo and his touring company $700,320. Rowe Entertainment said in a statement posted on its Web site after the lawsuit's filing that it couldn't obtain a "final, fully executed contract" from Ne-Yo's agent. (photo source)

1 Stylish Folk With Something To Say:

Kisha said...

He should had got MORE!

 
template by suckmylolly.com