Friday, August 29, 2008



This morning I tuned in to Hot107.9. Only Rashan Ali and Emperor Searcy were on the air with Beyonce A. speaking a little bit. The station wasted no time updatng their website with the changes. Akini and Maria More let go from their positions.

E4Real, who joined Miss Shyneka during the afternoon drive was also let go. I liked the show better when it was Emperor Sercy and Miss Shyneka in the afternoons anyway so hopefully they go back to that format. Here is Griffy 2K's official statement via Access Atlanta about being released from the morning show:


"The last 3 years and 6 months at Radio One have been a life changing experience. I thank my spiritual Father for the friends that I’ve met and worked with because I’ve learned so much and have grown as a person here in Atlanta. I’m excited about my future, I have a strong team of people helping to take me to new heights, and I will continue to make people laugh all over Atlanta at events and comedy clubs, while serving the community through my foundation, Positive Vibes. When I got home today, I read a book that said: ‘On this day the will of God is done in my life.’ That was all the closure I needed."





I wish them all the best. According to Maria More's website, she is also a model, fitness trainer and web designer so that sista made sure she had many hustles to fall back on. Akini has a modeling and talent casting company here in Atlanta so hopefully he keeps doing big things with that.

2 Stylish Folk With Something To Say:

virgovixxen said...

i miss the A team--rhey were off the chain-a lot of fun.it was a blessed experience for all of them and I am sure they will all be successful where they were
when I was living in Atlanta that was who I listened---but I gotta tell you I told myself when I move back, I will be listening to Steve Harvey-thats who I listen to now,

Meli said...

They just did the samething here in miami. The "removed Supa Cindy & the Big Lipp bandit from the morning show and replaced them with Rickey Smiley. and so far the change has not really gone over that we"ll, nothing against Rickey Smiley & these Nuts but were used to our home grown talent so I feel U.

 
template by suckmylolly.com