Wednesday, April 16, 2008

LaLa Takes Up For Her Man



Hey, yall. I know I have been MIA for a few days. Attribute that to kicking it wayyyyyyy to hard and the recovery process that follows!!!! LOL!!!! Anyway, I have still been keeping my ear to the blog streets to stay in the loop about what's going on!! The biggest story to me is Carmelo Anthony's arrest and then his preferential treatment by Denver Colorado police. All of this treatment that he received was simply due to the fact that when LaLa (Melo's fiance and baby mama) refused to pick him up when the arresting officers called. Here is what I found on the AP:

Detective Sharon Hahn said Anthony was arrested after he failed a series of sobriety tests and was taken to police headquarters and booked.
Detective Sharon Hahn said a police sergeant then drove Anthony to the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Denver. Hahn said it's her understanding that Anthony's fiancee LaLa Vazquez couldn't pick him up because of child-care issues. The couple have a young son together.


"I want to make sure the public understands that I fully support my fiance, Carmelo Anthony, and stand by him through this ordeal," Vazquez said in a statement. "I will always have his back and never refused to pick him up from the police station. In fact, they offered to bring him to me."


Anthony said he appreciated her support.


"LaLa continues to be a rock in my life, she's always been there for me through thick and thin," Anthony said in a release.




Ok, ladies. Let's read between the lines. "Child-care" issues prevented you from picking up your man so he wouldn't be arrested?!?!?! Let me tell yall, if my man that I was in love with was arrested, I would strap my babies on my back and walk to get him. I remember a time when my son's father was pulled over close to our home and his license was suspended. Instead of the officer arresting him, they called me to come so I could drive the car home to prevent it from being towed. My child was 2 at the time, it was close to midnight and I bundled my baby up, plopped out the stroller, and we walk a couple blocks to get him. There is WAY more going on here than child care issues. OF course, now that things have simmered down, they both want to release statements supporting each other. Child PLEASE!!!!!!!


Let me tell yall something about Carmelo. My girls and I had the opportunity to meet him and hang out with him and his boys a few years back. First of all, Carmelo is loud and is a character so I'm sure he cursed everyone and they mama out on the police sqaud. He was cracking on folks in the restaurant and ate like 3 full course meals to himself!!!! Carmelo also shocked me by pulling out a super long, skinny blunt, about the size of a pencil, and began to smoke out!!! Do I feel sorry for Carmelo- YES but I want these athletes to start to take responsibility for their actions. How much does a driver cost? And where are your flunkie friends that could've driven you home??? Get it together yall and Melo need to lay off the sauce :-)
And to LaLa... honey, if you are going to be with an athlete that was cheating when he met you, why are you mad now boo boo??? Take your multi- million dollar baby and do you!!!! A cheating man is the only man that wouldn't get picked up in the middle of the night :-)

0 Stylish Folk With Something To Say:

 
template by suckmylolly.com