Thursday, November 29, 2007

"AS I AM" CERTIFIED PLATINUM


Congrats to Alicia Keys!!!!! In the 2 weeks since it's release, her cd "As I Am" is certified platinum, selling a total of 1,092,200 units, according to ballerstatus.com. In this day and age, where leaks and downloads are KILLIN the game, Alicia is in a world all her own. Even Jay-Z has only managed to sell 643,000 since American Gangster was released. Luckily he was smart enough NOT to release his cd the same week as Keys because he would have been seriously OUTSOLD!!!!!!!!
I remember watching Alicia Keys years and years ago on Teen Summit. I believe it was a Christmas special and she sung "Little Drummer Boy", but I can't rememer exactly. I know this is completely off topic but I think BET needs to bring a show like Teen Summit back. I used to enjoy watching it every Saturday afternoon. It spoke about topics that kids were dealing with but were maybe too scared to talk to their parents about. Mya was also a dancer and panelist on Teen Summit.

0 Stylish Folk With Something To Say:

 
template by suckmylolly.com